[R] R help - bootstrap with survival analysis

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Tue Apr 30 16:48:44 CEST 2013

This comes up regularly.  Type "?print.survfit" and look at the comments there under "value".

Terry T.

-----  begin included message ----------------

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the proper way to ask questions, sorry if not.  But
here's my problem:

I'm trying to do a bootstrap estimate of the mean for some survival data.
Is there a way to specifically call upon the rmean value, in order to store
it in an object? I've used print(...,print.rmean=T) to print the summary of
survfit, but I'm not sure how to access only rmean because it does not show
up under attributes for survfit.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Fayaaz Khatri