[R] Internalization of help pages

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat Aug 3 01:39:45 CEST 2013

Tomáš

1.  Your concern is valid, especially now that R has become so widely
used throughout the world. But language translation is hard.

2. Warning and error messages are short, and relatively trivial to translate.

3. There are tens of thousands of Help pages in thousands of packages,
most separately maintained.

I would guess that the best option would be to try to run the files
through a mature, open source translator, if such exists. However, I'm
ignorant of such matters. And my understanding is that at present,
even the best may not be adequate (Help files have to accurate in
exact detail).

Best,
Bert