[R] descriptive stats by cells in factorial design

Mike Miller mbmiller+l at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 11:01:26 CEST 2013

I'm looking for recommendations for a good way to do this.  There must be
a good function in some package...

I have a 5-way factorial design, two levels per factor, so 32 cells, and I
mostly just want the means and standard deviations for the contents of
every cell.  I can write a for loop, but maybe there is a nice way to show
the model and get the results I want without having to do that.

Similarly, it would be nice to also have the range and maybe some
percentiles, if there is a function that would just pump them out.

Finally, if something would draw a series of box plots for the cells of
the factorial design, that could be nice to have.

It seems like this sort of thing must already have been worked out.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.
Minnesota Center for Twin and Family Research