[R] fortran random number

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Sun Aug 4 23:03:55 CEST 2013

Hi Filippo,

I would advice you to use the RcppArmadillo package - maybe in combination with the inline package. It is extremely fast and very flexible. A simple RNGScope() lets you take the RNG from R. I myself programmed an MCMC sampler with this package and it is much faster, than the one I had before in matlab.
Rcpp gives you a very nice API to communicate with R + you can reuse memory from R which makes it even faster.

You find a lot of documentation online:

http://www.rcpp.org
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RcppArmadillo/index.html
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/index.html