[R] Calculate McDonald's Omega

anewbie annika.nelling at gmx.de
Fri Aug 9 14:13:01 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I'm a newbie to R an would like to calculate McDonald's Omega.
I installed the packages psych, GPArotation and used the suggested syntax
omega(m,nfactors=3,fm="minres",...).
Up to this point, it works.

Nevertheless, I read that omega-h "is not meaningful for a 1-factor
solution".
What I'll have to do, if I would like to analyze the reliability of one
subscale consisting of
e.g. three items? I specify "nfactors=1", because I have one group factor
and analyse omega_t instead of omega_h? Is this right?

My question might sound stupid, but I'm confused.

I would appreciate if someone can give me advice.

Thank you.