[R] Problem loading .r file

balevick1 sgblevic at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 12:12:52 CEST 2013

Bogaso wrote
> Hello all,
>
> I was trying to load a .r file using source() ...  functions ... however
> getting
> following error:
>
>> source("D:/Book Code.r")
> Error in sys.call(sys.parent()) : node stack overflow

I realise the above message is quite old, just a quick reply if anyone is
encountering the same error and was trying to find a solution (and ending up
here).

The error is occurring because the line:
> source( "filename.r" )
is in the file (filename.r) that you're trying to open.

Hash this out in the document
>#source("filename.r")
and then it's there for you to copy-paste in and run the code, but shouldn't
cause the error above.

I would advise copy-pasting the code you're trying to run in the document
first, to make sure that there are no errors in there either!

Hope that helps anyone encountering the error.