[R] [R-pkgs] Some improvements in gam package

Trevor Hastie hastie at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 12 04:09:41 CEST 2013

I have posted a new version of the gam package:  gam_1.09
to CRAN. Thus update improved the step.gam function considerably,
and gives it a parallel option.

I am posting this update announcement along with the original package announcement below,
which may be of interest to those new to the list

Trevor Hastie

Begin forwarded message:

  Trevor Hastie                                   hastie at stanford.edu
  Professor, Department of Statistics, Stanford University
  Phone: (650) 725-2231                 Fax: (650) 725-8977
   address: room 104, Department of Statistics, Sequoia Hall
           390 Serra Mall, Stanford University, CA 94305-4065