[R] help with adding SD to graph

Hedera kowallik at evolbio.mpg.de
Mon Aug 12 14:41:21 CEST 2013

Hello,

I really need help, I am completely new in using R and many things were
possible to figure out but not my last problem.
I created a  dotchart with the dotchart2 command. On the y axis are my 16
groups and plotted is the mean of the data from each group. And now I want
to add the SD for every mean data point. Sure, I can calculate the SD (with
removing the NAs that are present in my data by na.rm=TRUE) but I don´t know
how to combine the graph with the SD. I found the arrows function but it
looks weird when I try to plot:
arrows(x0=m,y0=c(1:16),y1=c(1:16)-1,x1=m+1 length=0)   -> "m" is the
calculated mean of my data with removed NAs and 167 because of the 16
treatments
Has somebody please, please any (easy) suggestion how to do it?

I hope to get some help.
Thank you very much for reading this.