[R] Plotting Multiple Factors By Dates With Lattice

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 15 23:26:46 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013, arun wrote:

> It's better to dput() your dataset.

A.K.,

   That's what I usually do; with such a small data set I thought the raw
data would be equally good.
> #or
> xyplot(pct~sampdate,data=burns.date.ffg,groups=func_feed_grp,pch=1:7,type="l")

   What I see in the plots are 7 colors even though most have only 4-6
func_feed_grp in the data set. I need to look how to control the colors. On
the key (thanks to Dennis Murphy) it's easy to distinguish magenta from red;
on the plot they both look to be the same color.

   Thanks for helping me find my error and better understand how to produce
these plots.

Rich