[R] Installing package from website

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 25 20:15:37 CEST 2013

On 25/08/2013 18:55, Christofer Bogaso wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I need to install Rmpi package from this
> http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/yu/Rmpi/download/windows/MPICH2
>
> I was wondering if there is any direct way to install this in R. The

No, because it is not a proper R repository.  In particular, what makes
you believe that those files are for your unstated version of R?  (And
whatever that is, they cannot plausibly all be given their spread of dates.)

> trivial method would obviously be download and save the required zip file
> in the local disk and install it from there.

You could combine those within R, e.g. by using download.file() and
install.packages(repos = NULL).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk