[R] scale breaks

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:42:08 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Bert Gunter <gunter.berton at gene.com> wrote:
> Sarah et. al.:
>
> Heh heh.
>
> However .. my always fallible judgment says, don't do it. Axis scale breaks
> invite misreading, Consider alternatives:
> http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/1764/what-are-alternatives-to-broken-axes

Well, yes. But the original querent asked about that particular
option, from a post that listed all sorts of ways to deal with skewed
data, even though that post explains why breaks are a bad idea. So I
answered: if you know that something is bad but want to do it anyway,
you're on your own! :)

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee