[R] XLConnect readWorksheet comma decimal sign

Knut Krueger rh at knut-krueger.de
Mon Dec 2 10:17:34 CET 2013

Am 29.11.2013 20:39, schrieb David Winsemius:
>> Thats impossible, we are used to hit the comma
> I don't know what that means.
it is common here, that the decimal sign is commy
All computer in the cip-pools are using the "comma" ( an I think 99.9%
of all other computers here)
Can you imagine what would happen after  changing  this to dot?
Or in the other way, try to get the people in your country to use the
,comma as separator. It would cause a big jumble.

> Until you show a reproducible example, we will not be able to offer
> further advice:
That*s the problem ... I am still trying to find out  what happened. It
was definitely wrong in two cases
I was sure that I found the reason when starting this tread...

Knut