[R] International phonetic symbols in R.

Olivier Crouzet olivier.crouzet at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Dec 3 11:49:02 CET 2013

Dear Rolf,

I've started trying to understand your issue but it may take me some
time as I'm rather busy within the next few days. However, if you can
put the screen capture on an external web site, that would be great as
it would help decipher what kind of system the student used for
representing IPA characters as my first investigations on your data
lead me to assume he/she (or you when reading the data) may not use an
adequate unicode encoding... But depending on what the data actually
look like, it would help locating the issue...

Anyway, that is something "standard" in R. I use these fonts regularly
within R so I'll help you as much as I can and obviously you do not
need to upgrade your distrib.

Olivier.

--
  Olivier Crouzet, PhD
  Laboratoire de Linguistique -- EA3827

     phone:        (+33) 02 40 14 14 05 (lab.)
                   (+33) 02 40 14 14 36 (office)
     fax:          (+33) 02 40 14 13 27
     e-mail:       olivier.crouzet at univ-nantes.fr

  http://www.lling.univ-nantes.fr/