[R] purpose of the set.seed(function)

Tue Dec 3 14:12:26 CET 2013

To start a random sequence that can be reproduced later. The particular seed value used should not be important unless either the random number generator or the computations that use the random numbers are flawed.

?set.seed

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generator

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing