[R] rJava problems

Tolga Uzuner tolga.uzuner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 15:03:35 CET 2013

Dear R Users
Have run into a problem with the rJava package recently. I do not seem
to be able to load the package. I am on R 3.0.2 and updated the rJava
package this morning from the Pennsylvania mirrors. I get the following
error:

----
package ‘mnormt’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
package ‘rJava’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\t_uzu_000\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpOC9zec\downloaded_packages
 > library(rJava)
Error in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) :
cannot allocate memory block of size 2.8 Gb
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rJava’

----

Any pointers ?

Thanks in advance