[R] Chart colors

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 23:56:11 CET 2013

Those numbers that you pass to col = ... correspond to the current
sessions palette, not to the names of colors() that R knows about. You
can either set up your own palette:

## see current palette
 palette()
[1] "black"   "red"     "green3"  "blue"    "cyan"    "magenta" "yellow"
[8] "gray"

## set up new palette
palette(grey(seq(0, 0.9, length = 25)))
plot(1:25, col = 1:25, pch = 16)

or give a direct set of colours to col = as either character names or
hex values.

See "Color Specification" under ?par and ?palette for an overview and
pointers to other functions.

Cheers, MIke.