[R] How to choose data from two sets of data to ensure that the choosed data has a better normal feature?

Mon Dec 16 08:59:15 CET 2013

Your question as posed is incomplete, because you have not specified what the mean and standard deviation are of the distribution that you wish to use as the target. Two histograms may each have an excellent fit to different distributions, such that neither can be faulted as a poor fit to a normal distribution, yet mixing the two would only make things worse. Nor does picking and choosing bins make sense to me even if they are from the same distribution (normally you pool all the data if they are from the same distribution).

This is not a statistics theory forum, but posting a solution to this nonsensical problem would be irresponsible.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing