[R] Chinese Garbled

yuanzhi yuanzhi.li at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Dec 16 23:08:28 CET 2013

Ista Zahn wrote
> This is the R-help mailing list. If your problem persists when using R
> from the command line or with the GUI shipped with R on your
> (unspecified) platform post back here. Otherwise the RStudio support
> forum is at https://support.rstudio.com
>
> Best,
> Ista
>
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM, yuanzhi <

> yuanzhi.li@

> > wrote:
>> Hello, I met a problem which needs your help. I reinstalled the R and
>> Rstudio
>> recently. After that, I found there was a problem that the Chinese
>> character
>> was garbled in Rstudio sometimes.
>>
>> example 1
>> "richness.csv" is a file containing three columns and the names of the
>> three
>> columns are "处理水平",“组别”,"物种数"。 But when I read this file with function
>> "read.csv" and displayed, these Chinese characters are garbled like the
>> followings:
>>> x<-read.csv("richness.csv")
>>> x[1:5,]
>>   X..理?? X.?? 物种数
>> 1        CK    总     34
>> 2        CK    总     43
>> 3        CK    总     45
>> 4        CK    总     41
>> 5        CK    总     33
>>
>> example2
>>
>> Sometimes the prompting message also contains garabled Chinese
>> characters.
>> For example, when I run "?bargraph.CI"(which is a function in package
>> "sciplot") before I use the cammand "library(sciplot)", it will appear
>> the
>> following message with garbled Chinese characters:
>>> ?bargraph.CI
>> No documentation for 慴argraph.CI?in specified packages and libraries:
>> you could try ??bargraph.CI?
>>
>> So, what can I do to solve the problem. Thank you!
>> Yuanzhi
>>

>> --

Hi, I am sorry to reply so late. Actually, When I run these codes directly
in R(not Rstudio), it also appears the problem but in a different type:

> x<-read.csv("richness.csv")
> x[1:5,]
  X..ÀíË.Æ. X.é.ð ÎïÖÖÊý
1        CK    ×Ü     34
2        CK    ×Ü     43
3        CK    ×Ü     45
4        CK    ×Ü     41
5        CK    ×Ü     33

So, what should I do solve this problem?