[R] A function which is a sum of other functions...

Onur Uncu onuruncu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 20:05:09 CET 2013

Dear R Users

I have a list of functions. Each function in the list is a function of single variable. I would like to create a function (of one variable) which represents the sum of all the functions in the list. So, if the functions in my list are f1(x),..,f5(x) then I would like a new function f(x)=f1(x)+f2(x)+...f5(x)

Appreciate any suggestions on how to do this.

I need the above f(x) function because I would like to minimise it with respect to x using the nlm function.

Thanks.