[R] Mean: category wise within a data frame

David Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Dec 24 17:14:07 CET 2013

Please do not use html formatting in your messages to the list.
The format codes are stripped and you table becomes a single
long column (see below). Only use plain text emails and use the
results of dput(mydata) to insert your data into the message.

As to your question. Look at the aggregate() function:

?aggregate

David Carlson