[R] cumulative incidence for mstate in Survival package in R

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Tue Dec 31 23:02:41 CET 2013

Question 1: How to get just 2 cumulative incidence curves when there are multiple covariates.
   I don't understand what you want.  Assume that we have "liver transplant" and "death
while waiting for a transplant" as my two events.  There are overall curves (2), or one
can create curves separately for each sex, or for different institutions.  What do you
mean by "a curve for age"?
   If you want competing risks after Cox model adjustment, see the mstate package.

Question 2: "mine" data.  There is no such data.  This was a hypthetical example in the
document, and I chose a poor name for the data set; "your_data_set" would have been
better.  I was using "mine" in the sense of "this data set is mine, it belongs to me", and
now see that it could confuse someone.  The file sourcecode.pdf is intended to document
the computational algorithms, but not how a user would approach the function.  A vignette
is planned, someday...

Terry Therneau