[R] Relative Risk in logistic regression

Ivan-K kia at ipae.uran.ru
Fri Feb 1 16:33:22 CET 2013

Dear colleagues, I have 2 points: One opinion and one question.

1)
In one paper in a peer-reviewed journal, I read about the idea of using a
logit regression as a surrogate for the log-binomial, just adding the
numerator to the denominator ...
It’s tempting to immediately get the RR instead of OR ...
I tried it and I think it's a bad idea, the confidence intervals
dramatically inflated!
Any opinions?

2)
What would be the criteria for selection of link - functions for binary
data?
Usually I use the logit - just for simplest interpretation of parameters.
Using logit, probit, log-log, and log-log, I get identical values of the
maximum-likelihood, Pearson statistics, overdispersion parameter, etc.
However, the regression coefficients and its standard errors are different
(for logit b is the maximum, for the probit – min., for log-log & C- log-log
are between them). LRs close, but the maximum has the log-log. Wald
criterion - the maximum for the probit.
?What are the interpretations for regression parameters (except logit)???

Ivan, IPAE RAS