[R] Armadillo error in R extension

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 2 00:13:22 CET 2013

On 1 February 2013 at 21:38, Simon Zehnder wrote:
| Is there anyway with some experience in using armadillo in R C++ extensions?

Yes, sure -- we wrote (and use) a package RcppArmadillo that provides very
easy access to Armadillo via Rcpp.

| My problem is the following:
|
| I programmed a function in a header looking like
|
| #include <armadillo>
|
| inline arma::vec foo(input) {
|
| 	... do something
|
| 	return an arma::vec object
| }
|
| compiling this via R CMD INSTALL packagename (PKG_CXXFLAGS = -I/folder/of/armadillo and armadillo_bits in my package)
|
| I get the following error
|
| "error: expected initializer before 'foo' "
|
| The exact line and word is where inline arma::vec ends.
|
| Does anyone know what this error could be?

We do. I would like to invite to subscribe to the rcpp-devel list, to peruse
its list archives, to study the RcppArmadillo examples (which cover all this)
and, if you still have questions, pose a small reproducible example on the
rcpp-devel list.

Also, we recently opened the "Rcpp Gallery" (http://gallery.rcpp.org) which
has a set of RcppArmadillo related posts you can read via the tags

    http://gallery.rcpp.org/tags/armadillo/

Hope this helps,  Dirk