[R] package installation error in Mac OS X

londonphd r.otojanov at qmul.ac.uk
Sun Feb 3 19:14:10 CET 2013

Hi, I installed R in Mac OS X, and trying to installa package. R is not
allowing me to install the meboot package. Below is the exact message I got
from R:

  installation of package ‘meboot’ had non-zero exit status
trying URL 'http://cran.ma.imperial.ac.uk/src/contrib/meboot_1.1-5.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 411681 bytes (402 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 402 Kb

* installing *source* package ‘meboot’ ...
** package ‘meboot’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** libs
*** arch - i386
sh: make: command not found
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘meboot’
* removing ‘/Users/ravshonbek/Library/R/2.15/library/meboot’

The downloaded source packages are in

‘/private/var/folders/c7/jrjv78_x6f53l3sw_w715gk00000gn/T/RtmphnbWao/downloaded_packages’

Can anyone please shed some light on it?
Thank you