[R] First R Package --- Advice?

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:35:29 CET 2013

> Other people have recommended Roxygen, but honestly I haven't seen a package
> documented with Roxygen where the documentation was adequate.
> It looks as though it's great to get initial documentation created, but does
> not appear to encourage followup.

I don't think that's a problem with roxygen - I think that's the key
difficult of writing documentation.  Personally, I find it much easier
to keep roxygen documentation up-to-date than with separate Rd files,
because when I'm modifying the function, the documentation is right
there, reminding me to update it.

Hadley

--
Chief Scientist, RStudio