[R] calculating odds ratio in logistic regression with interaction terms

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 20:47:34 CET 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Aminreza Aamini wrote:

> Hi,
> I am comparing SAS commands with R.
> consider i want to assess the effect of one exposure(like CAT where 1
> equals high and 0 equals low) and one cofounding variable (like
> cholesterol leve,CHL) on a diseasee variable (like CHD).
> In SAS to get a numerical value for the odds ratio, consider, for
> example, the specific values CHL equal to 220 and HPT equal to 1 when
> the model contains interaction terms like (CC=CAT*CHL) the command
> is:
>
> PROC GENMOD data=l2 DESCENDING;
> MODEL CHD=CAT CHL CC/LINK=LOGIT DIST=BINOMIAL;
> ESTIMATE CAT 1 CC 200 /EXP;
> RUN;
>
> I just want to find such a command in R. Its not a homework.

But it _is_ asking an extremely question that would be more rapidly answered by simply typing "how to do logistic regression in R" in a search engine. (I know this because I just tried it.) Such questions are explicitly deprecated in the Posting Guide. You should also do further self-study by reading the Posting Guide, working through the "Introduction to R", and learning to use the help() system.

--
David.