[R] vegdist Error en double(N * (N - 1)/2) : tama?o del vector especificado es muy grande

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 9 10:51:16 CET 2013

Suppose N = 138037 (you haven't really told us).  A dissimilarity
half-matrix would have 9 billlion elements.  The maximum size of a
vector in current versions of R is 2 billion.

You will be able to get further in R-devel (3.0.0-to-be) with a 64-bit
version of R, although as you appear to be using Windows it will be very
slow and 32GB of RAM is not enough to even store that object.

What do you propose to do with a distance matrix on 140,000 objects?  I
think you need to re-think whatever that is.