[R] How to debug the C programs associated with R-packages?

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:36:13 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Pulkit Mehrotra
<mehrotra.pulkit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
> Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Gdb is exactly the thing I was
> looking for. Will certainly report the bug on R-devel if found so.

More likely (though not impossible that it's otherwise) the bug is in
a CRAN (contributed) package and you would be advised to contact the
package maintainer (whose contact info is available through the
maintainer() function) instead as he would be the only one who could
fix it.

MW