[R] Bioinformatics Scientist
agnes.paquet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:47:47 CET 2013
Monogram Biosciences is recruiting a bioinformatics scientist for our
bioinformatics/biostatistics group. If you are interested in this
position, please apply directly using our career website at:
The Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for design,
development and enhancement of bioinformatics tools and algorithms for
processing and mining Monogram’s virology and oncology assay data
including PhenoSense, Genotyping, Trofile, and VeraTag, utilizing
techniques from bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, and
• Develop software and hardware platforms, bioinformatics tools, and
information management systems for research informatics.
• Develop machine learning technologies and algorithms for processing
and analyzing Monogram assays.
• Provide bioinformatics and biostatistics support to colleagues
within Monogram and external collaborators.
• Manage bioinformatics projects.
• Perform strategic planning for bioinformatics analysis tools and methods.
• PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related field, or MS plus
relevant experience is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing high performance
• Significant experience and knowledge of bioinformatics,
biostatistics, and software development tools and technologies.
• Experience with Next-Generation-Sequencing data analysis.
• Expertise in R, Perl, Python and SQL.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
• Experience and deep understanding of database structures and
platforms (particularly ORACLE and MYSQL).
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills as well as
solid teamwork and interpersonal skills are required.
• Demonstrated competency in accurately identifying the scope of work
and preparing thorough and detailed schedule estimates.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
More information about the R-help