[R] 3D-plots of 2D-grids

jas jacqueline.schweizer at wuestundpartner.com
Thu Feb 14 10:10:19 CET 2013

Hello everybody,

I have an Ascii-grid (100x100m) with population density over Switzerland
(local coordinations system, CH LV03). Now I would like to have a nice
graphic to present the data. I would like to make a plot that will show the
density as the z-variable and raise for example a stacking pillar showing
how high the density is in that hectare. I attached a map that's  similar to
what I would like, to give you an idea incase I am not making myself clear.
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4658517/Bildschirmfoto_2013-02-14_um_10.08.51.png>

Can you tell me how I can do this? I tried persp and persp3d, but there the
x and y-vectors have to be increasing values, where as the coordinates in a
grid don't necessarily increase for both x and y, as they follow the line
horizontally...

Your help would be greatly appreciated :),

Thank you
jacqueline