[R] R nls results different from those of Excel ??

Tue Feb 19 16:37:26 CET 2013

I use Excel regularly, and do not consider this a "slam"... it is a fact. I am aware of Solver, but the query was about trend lines generated by Excel. In general it is possible to do arbitrarily complex computations with a four function calculator, but we don't describe that as something the calculator does. Setting up a Solver sheet to obtain trend coefficients is not a typical way to obtain them in Excel... that would be the user's doing, not Excel's.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing