[R] ggplot2 customizing a plot

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:54:13 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I want some help improve my ggplot as following:
> Make the plottable area with grid, so is easy one to see where each box refers to x and y values.

I don't think you can easily move the grid to the front, but you can
make the tiles transparent so the grid can be seen through them by
setting the alpha < 1.

> Add a color bar but with fixed values, that I want to specify.

use scale_fill_manual

> How   I can do those two?

p<- ggplot(tdm, aes(x = Var2, y = Var1, fill = factor(value))) +
  labs(x = "MHz", y = "Threshold", fill = "Duty Cycle") +
  geom_raster(alpha=.5) +
  scale_fill_manual(values=c("red", "blue", "green", "purple",
"orange", "pink", "tan", "violet", "yellow"))

Best,
Ista