[R] duplicate 'row.names' are not allowed

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Feb 21 04:29:08 CET 2013

On 02/21/2013 07:10 AM, Joanna Papakonstantinou wrote:
> Some of the names in the columns actually have spaces in them (e.g., S L TX
> is in one column). So there are really 9.
> I was able to save the file as a csv file and read.table succesfully.

Hi Joanna,
As you specified space (" ") as the field delimiter in your initial
post, fields with spaces would be read as multiple fields, forcing the
first column to be read as row names. I suspect that you changed the
delimiter or that read.csv treats this differently from read.delim. I
recall having to specify something about row names with read.delim once.

Jim