[R] package ReadImages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 08:17:03 CET 2013

On 22/02/2013 05:44, Greg Snow wrote:
> Some possibilities:  The EBImage package on Bioconductor; the jpeg and png
> packages read jpeg and png images.

Almost everyone using ReadImages was using it to read TIFF images, which
package tiff can do.  See the 'Data Import/Export Manual',
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-data.html#Image-files .

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM, PIKAL Petr <petr.pikal at precheza.cz> wrote:
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I prepared some image processing routine which depended on package
>> ReadImages. Basically I imported image to R, changed rgb to grayscale,
>> normalised an image made some selections and changed to image by
>> imagematrix.
>>
>> Recently I learned that this package was removed from CRAN and can not be
>> used in R 3.0.0.

It was archived, already being orphaned.  When R 3.0.0 is released you
can see if it works there: I expect it to.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk