[R] Controlling Order of Panels in Lattice Trellis Plots

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 23:08:05 CET 2013

On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:22 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Bert Gunter wrote:
>
>> Manually change the ordering of the levels in the factor to that which you
>> want (see ?factor if necessary) and replot.
>
> Bert,
>
>  I'll do this.
>
>  I looked at ?factor and will try is.ordered() to see if that makes a
> difference.

`is.ordered` will return TRUE if it is an ordered factor. That's not what you want to know and using `as.ordered` would also fail to provide the needed ordering. You need to provide a proper levels argument to the factor function. And you will find that making an ordered factor will probably have undesirable side effects.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA