[R] Issues with TMPDIR/TEMP/TMP? Failure of R CMD check under Windows 7

Ulrike Grömping groemping at bht-berlin.de
Mon Feb 25 08:10:53 CET 2013

Gabor,

thanks for your patient answers! I have adjusted the Rtools path to
consist of both
the bin and the gcc-4.6.3 sub directory, and that did it. The R path was
set by R as it was,
presumably because this is only a 32-bit system, and everything worked
with that R path, as there is also an R.exe in the path without the i386.

I have no idea what these path settings might have to do with write
permissions on the temp directory, but as long as it works ...

Best, Ulrike