[R] suggestions about import SAS results to R.

Yuan, Rebecca rebecca.yuan at bankofamerica.com
Wed Jan 2 23:15:01 CET 2013

Hello all,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried to import data from sas to R using foreign package. In the first step, I tried to use read.ssd() to convert the sas file sales.sas7bdat to SAS Transport formats. But I got an error message as
> source("testss.r")
Error in file.symlink(oldPath, linkPath) :
  symbolic links are not supported on this version of Windows

While in testss.r,

require(foreign)
rm(list=ls())
sashome <- "C:/Program Files/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/"
checkfile <- read.ssd("C:/Documents and Settings/test","sales",sascmd = file.path(sashome, "sas.exe"))

I am using windows xp and R 2.15.2.

Thanks!

Rebecca