[R] building a regression model

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sat Jan 5 13:57:32 CET 2013

Hello,

The "error" is just a warning, these are not the same thing. And the
warning says that you're giving a wrong scope argument, one that
includes the response. See ?add1. Argument 'scope' is "a formula giving
the terms to be considered for adding or dropping." And you're passing
the entire data.frame, not just the regressors.
To get rid of the warning, try the following.

add1(mydata.lm, ~ A + B + C + D, test='F')

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas