[R] Changing mtext direction, or using text for the margin?

Michael Rennie mdrennie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:45:30 CET 2013

Right- I think the issue is getting a text() command (which does accept
srt) to work outside the plot region, and in the margin where I need it
to appear. This is easy to "hack" in a single plot, but not so clear how
to do it in a multi-panel environment with an outer margin.

I suspect going to grid() is where I'm going to have to go (after
reading the relevant chapters in Paul Murrell's book....)

Mike