[R] R encrypt/decrypt

Suzen, Mehmet msuzen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:38:42 CET 2013

On 9 January 2013 18:59, Ramiro Barrantes <ramiro at precisionbioassay.com> wrote:
> I am working on a web system (php) that uses R in the backend, and we need some basic fast encryption/decryption for the underlying mysql database that can be used by both R AND php.  It does not need to be top-of-the-line, but just provide some basic level of fast encryption/decryption.
>
>> Any suggestions?

Sounds too generic. This is not really an R-help question.
Not sure what do you mean by underlying mysql. Are you going to
encrypt data into db? If it
is about transport between sql and web servers: these servers can be
configured to use SSL!
What is your aim?

BTW: Maybe you should remove php and use R directly via Rook;
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rook/index.html