[R] trouble with accentuated characters in \title tag in Rd file

Laurent Rhelp LaurentRHelp at free.fr
Sat Jan 12 09:03:36 CET 2013


    I have a  weird issue when creating a package with latin1 encoding.

  All works fine except the fact that I can't put non-ASCII characters 
in the title tag. There is NA in the place of the title in the pdf file 
of the documentation.
I can put non-ASCII characters in the other tags (description, details...).

I well verified that I put in the DESCRIPTION file the line :
Encoding: latin1
in the Rd file the line :
and when I have a line in the Rd file as :
\title{Calcul de l'anti-réactivité}
there is NA in the pdf file as a result.

If I write \title{Calcul de l'anti-reactivite}, there is the good text 
in the pdf file.

 > version()

platform       i386-w64-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
major          2
minor          15.2
year           2012
month          10
day            26
svn rev        61015
language       R
version.string R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
nickname       Trick or Treat
I installed also the latest version of Rtools
I have the same issue on the XP OS.

But I am sure in the past that I was able to put accentuated characters 
in the \title tag but I have been searching for a day and I don't find 
the reason.

Thank you for your help.

More information about the R-help mailing list