[R] nesting in CoxPH with survival package

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat Jan 12 22:54:08 CET 2013

Katie:

You need to get local statistical help. What you are doing makes no
sense. See inline below.

-- Bert

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2013, at 5:35 PM, Katie Anweiler wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I am trying to understand how to specify nested factors when using
>> coxph(), and if it is appropriate to nest these factors in my
>> situation.
>> In the simplest form, I am testing two different temperatures, with
>> each temperature being performed twice in different experimental
>> periods (e.g. Temp5 performed in Period A and C, Temp4 performed in
>> Period B and D)

Period is confounded with temperature. That is the source of the
singularity. in the message received below.

You can estimate the C-A and the D-B differences.
As I said, get statistical help. These are not R questions.

-- Bert