[R] Drawing a dotted circle.

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sun Jan 13 06:46:30 CET 2013

On 01/12/2013 06:43 PM, Ved P. Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to draw a dotted circle by using symbols command:
>
> symbols(0, 0, circles = 1, inches = FALSE, fg = 'gray', lty=2)
>
> But it gives me a solid line. I was just wondering whether am I making a
> mistake?

Hi Ved,
You can draw circles on a plot using the draw.circle (plotrix) function.
If the problem is the method of drawing broken lines as suggested by Ben
Bolker, you may be able to get broken lines on Windows by using smaller
values in the "nv" argument. By decreasing the number of line segments
used to draw the circle, the breaks should appear.

Jim