[R] How to get F values for a Generalized Linear Model?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Jan 15 18:17:48 CET 2013

Geraldine:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Geraldine Werhahn <geriwer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have fitted generalized linear models with the glm() function from the package lme4. The statistical values it returns are the z-value and the p-value. Now I am searching for a way to get the F-values for my models  to use for reporting - as to my knowledge

Your knowledge is insufficient. Your expectations are incorrect.
Either consult someone locally who has sufficient statistical
expertise or do some studying of GLM's. As this is a statistics not an
R question, you might also wish to try posting to a statistics list
instead, like stats.stackexchange.com.

Cheers,
Bert

reporting z-values is not very useful and the F-values together with
the p-values would be desired for the report. I tried the commands
summary(model) , anova(model) noranova.glm(model), but couldnt get the
F-values that way.