[R] read tab delimited file from a certain line

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Wed Jan 16 16:55:21 CET 2013

Hello,

Read the file using readLines, then grep "^year". You can then use a
textConnection to read.table:

x <- readLines(con = textConnection(
"informations (unknown count of lines)
... and at some point the table
------
year month mday value
2013 1 16 0 "))

# This is it
i <- grep("^year", x)
read.table(textConnection(x[i:length(x)]), header = TRUE)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas