[R] How to change R file in stats?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:50:23 CET 2013

On 13-01-17 8:31 AM, S Ellison wrote:

> [...]

Stats is a base package, so that won't work.  Base packages are built
and installed differently from other packages.

He could modify the sources and build a custom copy of R for himself,
but that seems kind of extreme.

A better way would be to copy the source for the function into his own
package.  If he intends to release it, he must retain copyright notices
on it and release his own package with a GPL-compatible license.

Duncan Murdoch