[R] read tab delimited file from a certain line

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 18 19:26:41 CET 2013

Christof,

I've added support for this to the R.filesets package.  In your case,
then all you need to do is:

library("R.filesets")
dlf <- readDataFrame(filename, skip="^year")

No need to specify any other arguments - they're all automagically
inferred - and the default is stringsAsFactors=FALSE.

This is in R.filesets v2.0.0 which I still haven't published on CRAN.
In the meanwhile, you can install it via:

source("http://aroma-project.org/hbLite.R")
hbLite("R.filesets")

/Henrik