[R] calculating mean matrix

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Sat Jan 19 16:37:48 CET 2013

I'm not sure I understand your question. It is always better to use an
example:

> set.seed(42)
> dataN <- array(sapply(1:5, function(i) assign(paste0("data",i),
+     matrix(rnorm(6), 2, 3))), c(2, 3, 5))
> meanmtrx <- apply(dataN,1:2,mean)
> meanmtrx
[1,]  0.189669255  0.3368646 0.34261301
[2,] -0.009700353 -0.4676745 0.01974906

The result is a matrix, not a data frame, and certainly not "resulting
data frames." What are you trying to cbind?

David L Carlson
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4352