[R] Deformulation and R

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:42:01 CET 2013

Dear All,
I hope this is not too off-topic.
Essentially, I need to know if there is any R package which can help me
with a deformulation project.
Suppose e.g. that you know from a chemical analysis the fat, mineral,
vitamin, energy [and so on] content of a certain food product.
You also know the ingredients of this product (e.g. milk, lactose,
vegetable oil) and you know the chemical composition of each ingredient in
terms of fat, minerals, vitamins etc...
At this point the question, assuming that the procedure to create the
product from the ingredients does not alter the chemical composition of
any ingredient, is to determine the amount of each ingredient (milk,
lactose, vegetable oil) in the final product.
Many thanks

Lorenzo