[R] Text mining

Steve Stephenson amatstef at libero.it
Sat Jan 26 22:47:45 CET 2013

Hi Giovanni,
thanks a lot for your quick reply!!!
I try to answer you in a few points:
1 - A Data Base containing all the towns and the Region they belong to
(North, Sud...) is already available on the ISTAT site (www.ISTAT.it);
2- My goal was just to find a "method" supporting my idea, that is to say
that northern towns names "sound" different from "southern" names;
3- To build this method I should use the ISTAT DB, partially as training set
and partially as validation set;
4- The idea was born just for fun since I find very interesting and also
challenging the data mining;
5- I absolutely agree with you: I will find a lot of exception and therefore
; if the exceptions are greater than the rule (this could happen) this would
imply that my initial idea is wrong. In any case I would be satisfied
because this would mean that I have been able to prove if an in intuition is
right or wrong.

I hope this can clarify my previous post.
Many thanks and *sorry for the lack of clarity*.

Steve